Olaitan Adeniji, MD, FACP, FACG, AGAF
Dr. Adeniji graduated medical school from Obafemi Awolowo College of Health Sciences in Sagamu, Nigeria in 1994; completed residency at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Muhlenberg Regional Medical Center in Planfield, N.J.; and a fellowship in gastroenterology at the University of South Alabama College of Medicine in Mobile, Alabama where he also served as a clinical instructor. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Adeniji is a fellow of several professional organizations, including the American College of Physicians, the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Gastroenterological Association. He is also a member of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America and the American Medical Association.
Dr. Adeniji has been practicing Gastroenterolology in the Gwinnett county community since 2003. His goal is to treat his patients the way he would a member of his own family. He believes that a good medical practice is a combination of medical knowledge, listening to patients and providing compassionate care.
In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his wife and three children. He is an avid golfer and also enjoys serving in his church and community.
Dr. Adeniji sees patients in our Lawrencville office.
- Medical School: Obafemi Awolowo College Of Health Sciences, Sagamu, Nigeria
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Muhlenberg Regional Medical Center, Plainfield, N.J.
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology, University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile, Alabama
ABMS Board Certification
American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Winner of the American College of Gastroeterology Senior Fellow Award for best paper entitled, "Durability of the Irritable Bowel Syndrome Diagnosis"
- Award from the North American Conference of Gastroenterolgy Fellows
- Award from the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Practice Management Conference
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, American College of Gastroenterology
- Fellow, American Gastroenterology Association
- Member, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America
- Colonoscopy and upper endoscopy to diagnose and treat various conditions
- Colon cancer screening
- Diagnosis and treatment of:
- Esophagus, stomach, liver, pancreas, biliary and bowel disorders
- Colon polyps
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn's disease
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatitis B
- Gastroesophageal reflux and ulcer disorders
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Request Appointmentconvenient online request form available 24/7
- Online Bill Paymentpay your bill online when it's convenient for you
- Secure Patient Portalsecure online portal for our established patients
- Access Patient Formssave time by completing forms before your appointment
- Insurance Acceptedsee a list of the insurance plans accepted by our practice